We are sorry for any issue you are currently experiencing with Google Meet. The problem with GM on Chrome is that it holds onto your permissions even after the Meets is over. The STPS IT Department understands that these issues interfere with instruction and are working to find solutions while we wait for official fixes from Google's engineers.
There are a few things you can do to help reduce the severity of the issues:
1) Chrome, Settings, Advanced, System, turn off, Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed, Use hardware acceleration when available
2) On the lower left of your task bar is a Search Icon, please type Task Manager, click on the App, look at Google Chrome, there will be a number next to it, that's how many GC are running on your machine. Please end tasks.
3) Clear all your history from the beginning of time. Close and reopen Chrome. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
4) In Chrome, click on the 3 dots in the upper right side, go to help, about Google Chrome, Check the version of Chrome, it needs to be more than 100, update if necessary.
5) Try another browser, like Internet Explorer's Edge for Window's 10
Please let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you and have a nice day.